Friday, November 19, 2010

Speedy Mexican Beef skillet dinner

I like the sound of this one, and I have made chicken chilaques (or something like that) which are similar but with chicken, but something about this recipe just doesn't taste quite right.  Not sure if it is just the brand of enchilada sauce I used today, or just the mix of enchilada sauce with cream of mushroom soup.  I really like the idea of a skillet beef enchilada.  Maybe something with enchilada sauce and sour cream instead of cream of mushroom.  There is just something about this one I'm not fond of.  My pictures were horrible too.  They all turned out looking orange even after I got out a white light to shine on them.  Oh well.  Maybe it's a good reminder to make sure I read this and try it with sour cream next time.  It is super quick and easy even though I was out of pre-cooked beef.  So it may be worth trying to alter to make it tastier.
Tavio's comment - I hate this one because it has a bad aftertaste so you have to keep shoveling in the food so you never get to the aftertaste.  Made me laugh.  :)

Ingredients

  • 1 lb lean ground beef
  • 1 small onion, chopped (I cheated and used dehydrated onions this day.)
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
  • 1 10 oz. can Enchilada sauce
  • 2 cups tortilla chips, broken slightly
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I didn't measure)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro if desired (was in a hurry, I didn't use)
Directions
  1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
  2. Stir in soup, chiles, enchilada sauce and chips.  Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
  3. Sprinkle with cheese.  Cover; cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.  sprinkle with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails