Friday, November 12, 2010

Chinese Pot Roast

This is today's meal.  I love it when I actually get things typed up on time.  It is currently in the crock pot, so no review until later.  The recipe is from the fix it and forget it cookbook I have out of the library.   My only change was to only use 1 onion rather than 2.

This turned out well.  A little overdone on one side, but good flavor.

Recipe from Marsha Sabus  Fallbrook, CA

Ingredients

  • 3 lb. boneless beef pot roast (I used a chuck roast I had in the freezer.)
  • 2 Tablespoons flour
  • 1 Tablespoon oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions
  1. Dip roast in flour and brown on both sides in oil in large skillet.  Place in slow cooker
  2. Top with onions, salt and pepper
  3. Combine soy sauce, water and ginger.  Pour over meat
  4. Cover.  Cook on High 10 minutes then reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 hours.
  5. Slice and serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails