Monday, June 28, 2010

Blueberry muffins

I made some hungry girl blueberry muffins this morning for breakfast.  DH had brought home glazed donuts and I actually behaved myself and made something healthy.  (Wish I could say the same about the pineapple upside down cake DH made this evening.  Good thing I'm running in the morning.)  I thought the muffins had quite the interesting list of ingredients.  I really liked that I could have 2 and they were only 274 calories for both.  That and 1/2 a glass of milk made a great breakfast.  I used my flower pot muffin pans, thinking these muffins would be bigger than they were.  I usually have no trouble with food sticking in those, but these stuck.  However, it wasn't as bad for the ones that cooled longer in the pot, and those that had less blueberries.

Heres the super short version of the recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup splenda
  • 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt (I just added a dash)
  • 1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk
  • 1/4 cups sugar-free pancake syrup
  • 1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
  • 2 Tablespoons light buttery spread
  • 2 Tablespoons no-sugar added applesauce (I used blueberry applesauce)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (I may have forgotten this.  It doesn't seem familiar-the recipe has the ingredients all mixed up in order.  I listed them how you add them.)
  • 1 cup blueberries
Directions
Mix the dry ingredients (1st 5 ingredients) in a bowl.  
Mix the wet ingredients (The next 6 ingredients - or the rest except blueberries)  in another bowl.
Combine the dry and wet and mix until completely blended.  Fold in blueberries.  
Line 6 muffin cups with baking liners and/or spray with non-stick spray.  Pour batter in the 6 cups.  Bake for 22 minutes (Mine took 24-25) or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails