I had worried with the name tangy in the title and with 2 Tablespoons of vinegar that it would be a bit too tangy for the kids - especially when I added the vinegar and it boiled and smelled strong. However, it was definitely NOT too vinegary.
Sadly, there is no picture of this one. With my lack of blogging has come a lack of picture taking. :(
- 18-20 ounces ravioli (I used closer to 21 oz of cheese ravioli - tortellini would also work fine.)
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (more or less - I used less because only 2 people wanted walnuts)
- Parmesan cheese, grated for topping
- Cook ravioli according to package directions
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the butter over medium heat stirring occasionally until it begins to turn golden brown (about 3 minutes.) Turn off the heat. Let cool for about a minute. Stir in balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir in raviolis (or pour over raviolis.) Stir to combine.
- Serve and top each serving with walnuts and Parmesan cheese.