Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ham and pea pasta

I found this recipe over on deals to meals.  I actually don't think I changed the ingredients any.  Directions some, but that is it.  I really liked it.  It came together super quick and I was in need of a quick meal the evening that we had this.  As I'm typing this, I'm thinking I probably could have also tossed in some pureed cauliflower and not compromised anything.  An idea for next time.

Ingredients

  • 1 8 oz. package cream cheese (I used the light)
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 3/4 cups milk
  • 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese  (I've had some delicious Parmigiano Regianno the past week or 2 It has made some tasty recipes.  YUM!)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic (I used jarred)
  • 1 teaspoon basil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 lb fettuccini noodles
  • 1 cup (or so) cubed ham (I just used 1 package of how ever much I had frozen)
  • 8 oz. frozen peas (or so - I just added a good amount.  :)
Directions
  1. Cook noodles according to package direcions.  
  2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, seasonings and milk.  Stir until all ingredients are melted and well combined.  
  3. While that is warming, saute ham and frozen peas in a large saute pan until warmed through.  Add pasta and cream sauce to the saute pan and stir until combined.  Serve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails