- 2 store bought frozen pie crusts, thawed (remember I had some of the ingredients from the original recipe which was a freezer meal. Feel free to make your own crust. I personally love my push in pie crust - totally no fail. -You could probably leave out the sugar for this recipe)
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (or buy precooked and cut with scissors)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- dash garlic and herb seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of oregano
- 6 oz shredded swiss cheese
- 8 eggs
- Saute onions in butter until fragrant. Add the garlic and saute a minute or 2 more. I added my salt and pepper here too, but you could just add that to the eggs. Remove from heat and set aside to begin cooling.
- In a large bowl (I always use a measuring bowl with a spout so it is easy to pour.) Beat eggs, with seasonings. Add Cheese and whisk again. Add bacon and onions and whisk again. Divide evenly between the 2 pie crusts.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. (both my recipes said 40-50, and I checked at 30 thinking I was just going to cover the crust. I left it in for 5 minutes more, because I'm so used to quiche being to moist for my liking but I could have taken it out after 30 minutes. However, it was not rubbery or anything after 35.)
- Let cool slightly and serve. (I let mine cool while I made green smoothies.