Monday, July 16, 2012

apple avocado salsa

Last post for tonight.  This is a salsa I had when we were eating at a friend's house.  I loved it so I got the recipe.  It was so good - spicy from the jalapeno, but sweet from the apples.  Wonderful combination of flavors.  I think I could eat it as a lunch "salad."  Ha ha!

Ingredients

  • 2 unpeeled apples, cored and diced (she had used some type of green apple)
  • 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
  • 2 green onions, diced
  • 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh lime/lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
  • 1 teaspoon finely minced chopped jalapeno pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, (about 1 clove)
  • dash pepper
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained.
Directions
  1. Mix all of the ingredient together.
  2. Serve with chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails