Sunday, November 27, 2011

THousand Island dressing

HEre is a super simple THousand Island dressing to make if you are totally out of dressing at your house like we are.  (I'm trying to just get to where I make my own.  Works well when I run out.)

This is from a book called Quick-Fix Healthy mix.  Probably the first thing I've tried because despite the title, I don't find the recipes very healthy at all.  This isn't particularly healthy or anything, but it worked in a pinch. :)

Ingredients

  • 4 parts mayonaise (we made just 4 Tablespoons - original recipe called for 1 cup)
  • 1 part sweet pickle relish (1 Tablespoon in our case)
  • 1 part taco sauce (we used 1 Tablespoon as well.)
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients together until well combined.  I actually added a bit of water to mine to thin it out a little, but DH used it just as it was.  We both liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails