Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tortellini with crisped bacon and peas

This meal was super simple.  I mean SUPER simple.  And the surprising thing - all the kids seemed to like it (or at least they ate it without complaint.)  I was sure it couldn't be very tasty since it was soooo simple, but alas it was.  Loved the crisp bacon.  It totally made the dish.
I also found this at the 6 o'clock scramble.  She suggests serving this with roasted brussel sprouts - I didn't even attempt this.  We served this on a night when we had a wrestling match meaning we were super busy.  I loved the simplicity and didn't feel like complicating my life with a side dish.  :)
Here is how I made it

Ingredients

  • 6-8 slices pre-cooked bacon (can use regular, I'm just lazy.)
  • 24 oz package cheese tortellini
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Directions
  1. Cook tortellini according to package directions.  Add peas during last minute of cooking time
  2. Meanwhile, chop bacon into pieces (I just take all 6 slices and chop them with my kitchen scissors.)  Toss in a pan and cook to crisp it up. -or you can fry up some bacon and crumble it.)
  3. When pasta is done, drain, and toss with olive oil, bacon, and Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails