Friday, September 23, 2011

Banana nutella rolls

I had these on the menu forever before actually trying them.  They were pretty simple to make.  Not sure how much I really liked them.  They sounded so yummy - nutella and banana, but I'm not a huge fan of mushy banana (although I do like them fried so I thought this would be good.  I do however think this would be excellent with another fruit that maybe wouldn't get mushy, and if you are more of a banana fan, I'm sure these would be great.  I'd love to try them with sliced strawberries or even raspberries.  YUM!
I found the recipe in my Rachael Ray magazine.  Not many changes except I didn't dust mine with powdered sugar and she did.  You could try that if you wanted something sweeter.  I also tried making a couple with just cooking spray (not brushed with butter - mostly because  I had 2 left and no more melted butter.  They are still good, but obviously better with the butter.)
Sorry for the picture -I totally need a new flash.  This also must have
been the week I had no dishwasher since it is on a paper plate.  I chose
this picture rather than a powdered sugar one to show the bananas
and nutella inside.  

Ingredients

  • 8 egg roll wrappers
  • 3 bananas, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
  • 3 Tablespoons Nutella (didn't measure this at all and probably used more)
  • 2 Tablespoons melted butter
Directions
  1. Working 1 at a time, spread 1 teaspoon (more or less) of nutella down the center of the egg roll wrapper (leave room all around to roll up)  Top with 4 or 5 slices of banana.  
  2. Brush edges with butter.  Roll up like a burrito.  
  3. Brush the outside with butter and cook in a nonstick skillet over medium heat 4 minutes per side or until nicely browned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails