Friday, September 30, 2011

Orange cottage cheese salad

Sometimes I have to admit I'm a bit wacky.  I go on these "we should eat healthier" kicks and then I post a recipe like this.  But hey it is a fruit.  Actually I checked out deals to meals and did a free trial and actually made 1 week of their food.  This recipe is from there, but in no way original I'm sure.  I've seen it at a multitude of church functions.  I'm actually not sure how I've never managed to make (or possibly even eat) this salad before.  I think I've had the orange jello salad with marshmallows but never the cottage cheese version.   I actually really liked it - as did all of the kids (except picky toddler.)


Ingredients

  • 1 16 oz cottage cheese (IMHO it has to be Breakstone - one of the few ingredients I'm super brand specific on.)
  • 1 small package orange gelatin 
  • 1 8 oz container cool whip
  • 1 8 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained 
  • 2 11 oz cans mandarin oranges, drained.
Directions
  1. Pour cottage cheese and jello into a bowl.  Stir and mix until jello is evenly mixed into cottage cheese.  
  2. Fold in drained fruit and cool whip.  Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails