- 10 oz pasta (I used a twist pasta, but any would do)
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup (2 T) oil (I use a healthy blend)
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained - or 10 oz fresh, chopped and sauteed until wilted (that is what I did, but I always have fresh spinach I need to use. frozen would be quicker and easier.)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 39 oz jar pasta sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese (although I didn't measure and probably used a bit more)
- small sprinkle of Romano cheese (you could certainly use more, I just worried about some picky eaters and only used a little)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and place in a large bowl
- In a small bowl, mix together egg and oil. Add to the pasta and toss. Add the spinach, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning and toss again.
- On the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish, pour half of the spaghetti sauce. Add half of the pasta mixture. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella. Repeat the layers, topping with a bit of Romano.
- Bake for 45 minutes till bubbly and slightly browned on top.