Next time I would probably just make a 1/2 batch of sauce.
Update 10/27. I have made this a couple more times cutting the cream cheese mix in half and it was great that way. (One time that I paid attention I actually had 3 pounds of grapes and I still only used 1/2 the cream cheese. Much better than the original 1-2 pounds for the entire batch of cream cheese.) Forgot the almonds/pecans both times though. And purposely didn't add the brown sugar. :)
- 2 bags seedless grapes (we used a black and red)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- optional - sliced almonds or chopped pecans
- Wash, separate and dry the grapes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. (I like an electric hand mixer for this) Add grapes and mix until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts (oops I added my brown sugar to the mix and thought it was just plumb strange to call for 2 types of sugar. I should so learn to read directions. :) Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.