Unfortunately for me, I can't remember how much we liked them, or exactly how much spices I added. I do remember that they were better than I expected. The sweet potato did make them sweet, but it was still good. Went well with the cumin.
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed (I may have just used garlic powder - I can't remember)
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed (I made these in the microwave to make them quick and easy - had them cooking while sauteeing my onions)
- 1 teaspoon cumin (I may have added more)
- cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, saute onions in butter until soft and fragrant. Add garlic and saute an additional minute.
- Add the beans, mashed sweet potatoes and cumin and mix well.
- Heat tortillas. Put bean mixture and cheese in each burrito and roll up.