Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blueberry pancakes

Here is a new healthy pancake recipe I made this morning.  I like the addition of wheat germ and the tiny bit of sweetness added by the honey.  I also enjoyed the texture the wheat germ added - reminded me of a cornmeal pancake - in texture only.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2 cup wheat germ
  • 2 Tablespoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1 1/2 cup blueberries (I actually only had a cup and threw in about 1/4 cup dried blueberries.  I'm officially out of blueberries.  :)
Directions
  1. In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.  (flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and salt.)
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. (eggs, milk, oil, and honey.)
  3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until combined.  Fold in blueberries.
  4. Bake on a hot griddle until cooked.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails