- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 Tablespoons sucanat (I think I actually used 2 T sucanat and 1 T coconut palm sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons cold butter
- zest of 1 orange (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons half and half
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in orange zest and chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with 1/4 cup of the half and half. Add to the flour mixture and mix just to combine.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface (or just onto the silpat I was going to cook on if you are me.) Pat it into a circle about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges and separate so there is 1/2 inch between. Brush with remaining 2 teaspoons half and half.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 15 minutes or until golden.