I liked how this meal cooked up. I cooked the noodles, made the sauce and toasted the walnuts while the veggies baked in the oven then it all came together quickly after that. I loved the flavor of the roasted veggies too.
- 3 medium large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 heaping Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- heaping 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni (I think I actually used penne)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry (original was white wine or chicken broth)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place sweet potatoes and onion in an ungreased 15 X 10 inch baking sheet. Combine garlic, oil, salt, sage and pepper; drizzle over veggies and toss to coat.
- Bake uncovered at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions. In a small saucepan, combine butter, cream and wine. Bing to a gentle boil; cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain rigatoni; return to pan. Add cream sauce, veggies and walnuts; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.