Sunday, February 6, 2011

bbq ribs -slow cooker

So, here are the ribs that went with the mac 'n cheese in the previous post.  I didn't change much - other than I used twice as much meat and a bit more sauce.  They turned out fine.  I still prefer David's ribs.  And for a different BBQ sauce I love the Cherry cola bbq sauce ribs.   The plum sauce in the bbq sauce was fine for me, but I like Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce a lot by itself.  For me the plum sauce didn't really make it any better, just different. - DH wasn't a fan of the plum flavor and dipped his in regular bbq sauce.

Ingredients

  • 4 lbs boneless country-style pork ribs (mine had a couple of bones - original only called for 2 lbs - I had a family pack that was 4 lbs something)
  • 1 can (6 oz.) pineapple juice
  • 1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
  • 1 cup bbq sauce
  • 1/2 cup plum jam
Directions
  1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown ribs on all sides.  (I did 2 batches.)  Move to 5 qt. slow cooker.  Top with pineapple juice, onion and garlic.  Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
  2. Remove ribs;  discard cooking juices and onion.  Return ribs to the slow cooker.  Combine bbq sauce and jam;  pour over ribs.  Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails