Thursday, February 24, 2011

English Muffin breakfast pizzas

I tried this one for breakfast the other day.  I found it at Our best bites - another great food blog.  I did my own thing with it though.  Mine turned out a bit more garlicy than I would have liked, so I would adjust my amount of garlic seasoning next time.  I liked that these were relatively easy, and portable.  I'll just have to play with my seasoning amounts.  I really started with 1/4 teaspoon, but only 1/2 cup egg substitute.  I needed more though so I have to make a second batch of eggs.    I think 1/4 teaspoon with the full cup egg substitute would have been better.

Ingredients

  • 1 package english muffins (6) split.  (I just used regular)
  • 1 cup egg substitute
  • garlic and herb seasoning to taste. (I used 1/2 teaspoon I think and it was too much. 1/8-1/4 would be better.)
  • cheese of your choice - I used a cheddar blend
  • topping of your choice -I used chopped bacon (the pre-cooked kind - I just chopped it with my kitchen scissors.) I almost added red pepper, but I was pressed for time.
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400.  Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.  Put egg substitute in a bowl.  Mix in garlic and herb seasoning.  Dip each side of the english muffin in the egg mix and put cut side up on the prepared baking pan.  
  2. Top with cheese and toppings.  Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails