- 2 cups elbow macaroni (I used a Barilla - I love their pasta and their elbows have a cute little twist.)
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon dehydrated onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cup milk (I used fat free)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 6 oz. 2 % velveeta
- 2 oz. sharp cheddar
- In a medium large microwave safe dish (I used a pyrex bowl) combine macaroni, water, butter, onion, salt, pepper and mustard. (I just stuck the cube of butter in the middle without doing anything to it - seemed to work fine.) Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes (I only covered it with the little cover I use to cover a plate when reheating - it fit right on top of my bowl - not tightly or anything, but again, seemed to work fine.)
- Stir. Cover and cook at 50% power for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and milk. Gradually stir milk mixture into macaroni mixture. Add cheeses.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes, stir, cover and cook 3 minutes.