Here is another recipe from Fast food fix. She actually makes a Hawaiian bbq chicken pizza complete with home-made sauce. I made that at a later date than this picture, but don't plan to include the recipe. It would have been just as good (and easier) with purchased bbq sauce.
This picture was just a day I decided to make pizza after noon, and our regular dough needs to be started before that so I tried this dough. It turned out well. The best thing I learned here was how to roll the dough like Papa John's (and I didn't even read it in the book, I just got the brilliant idea on my own (OK so really it wasn't all that brilliant, really I should have thought of it earlier, I just didn't. I used to always try to roll it under. This time I tried rolling it to the top and flipping the whole thing over onto the pizza peel. Worked like a charm. I made my dough this way the last 2 times I have made it.
Here is how I made the dough. I found that I didn't need any extra flour that she called for, and I cooked it the way I cook all crust now. I also doubled it for our family size.
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon instant yeast
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- [If not using instant yeast, proof it in a small bowl (place water sugar and yeast in bowl, stir until yeast is dissolved, let rest until it starts to bubble.)] If using instant yeast like we always do, place all ingredients in a stand mixer. Mix with dough hook until dough is smooth and elastic. (6-10 minutes depending on the mixer.) Cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 550. Divide dough in half. Roll out half into a 14" circle (mine probably wasn't quite that large - I made as big as fit on my pizza peel.) Let rest for a minute or 2. (this reduces shrinkage of the dough when you transfer it to the peel.) While you are waiting, sprinkle a pizza peel with cornmeal. Roll up the edge of the dough. (this will form the crust when flipped over.) Gently flip the pizza crust over onto the pizza peel. Give it a shake to make sure it will slide - if not add more cornmeal underneath before topping. Top pizza as desired.
- Slide pizza off onto pizza stone. Bake for 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden.