Monday, December 27, 2010

Chicken in light cream sauce

So here I am posting pictures again, and I don't have this blogged at all.  I thought I had blogged it because I didn't follow directions particularly well, and I thought I had added some info.  Maybe I didn't blog it because I didn't make many changes in the ingredients - who knows?  I'm blogging it because I have more notes than I want to write in my cookbook. I didn't exactly do a good job of following directions, and for a change, I actually found these a bit confusing - first one for this cookbook.  The original recipe comes from my Sandi Richard's book - which I love - Highly recommend it.  This was no exception.  I loved this, and it was simple.  Because I served it with spaghetti noodles, even the 2 year old ate something.   This is how I made it.

Ingredients

  • 1 teaspoon oil
  • 1.5 lbs chicken breast (3 or 4 for me - I cut them in half.)
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
  • 2 - 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
  • 1 1/2 cups light cream
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 green onions
  • hot chili flakes (if desired)
Directions
  1. Heat oil in nonstick frying pan over medium high heat.  Add 2 cups chicken.  Brown on both sides.  Add garlic and toast slightly.  Add chicken stock.  Simmer, flipping chicken occasionally until broth has almost evaporated.  (I actually set a thermometer in my chicken and took the pieces out at 160.)
  2. Once sauce has almost evaporated (or if using a thermometer, when the chicken reaches 160) take it out and set it aside on a plate.  If you are almost out of liquid, add 1/2 cup stock and deglaze the pan with it.  If you have liquid still in the pot, proceed with step 3.
  3. Slowly whisk in cream and sugar.  Return chicken to pan and heat gently in the sauce.  Let simmer for 5-10 minutes - until well heated and the flavors have mixed.  Chop green onions and add to the pan as the sauce simmers.
Serve with spaghetti noodles and a veggie for a complete meal - start the water boiling when you begin the meal, and the noodles can cook while the chicken is cooking.  You can also sprinkle with red pepper flakes.  DH ate his this way and liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails