Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ginger Beef with Egg Noodles and Snap peas

This is tonights meal.  It came from my Sandi Richards book, but I made a few changes to cut the spice - probably should have left a bit more in, but definitely not all of it for my family.  I left out red pepper flakes and cut down on the sweet chili sauce, but I was also using a Tabasco brand.
Anyway, it was good, other than my zucchini was bad - very bitter skin, and we usually like zucchini (except for DH who was out of town anyway.)  We picked those out, but we had raw peas as well, so I was fine.  I liked that it was pretty quick and simple.  Done in 30 minutes.  Would have been even quicker if I would have had some pre-cooked meat, but I am out.

Ingredients

  • 1 teaspoon oil
  • 2 Tablespoons jarred minced garlic (or 6 cloves, minced)
  • 1 Tablespoon finely grated ginger (I used the kind that comes pregrated in a jar.)
  • 1 bunch green onion (about 1 cup
  • 1 lb ground beef (I used ground sirloin)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 Tablespoon sweet and spicy Tabasco (could have used 2-3)
  • 3 cups boiling water
  • 12 oz. egg noodles
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 handful snap peas
Directions
  1. Heat oil in a large nonstic frying pan.  Add garlic, ginger and green onions.  Saute 2-3 minutes.  
  2. Add beef and cook until no longer pink.
  3. When beef is getting close to cooked, boil water (I have a kettle for it, but it could be easily done in the microwave as well.)
  4. Add soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and Tabasco.  
  5. Add boiling water then stir in noodles (still uncooked.)  Cover and cook about 7 minutes until pasta is al dente.  
  6. Meanwhile, slice zucchini into long wedges (I cut mine in half then sliced the halves into 8-10 slivers)  Toss them in with the peas in the last minute or 2 of cooking.  Stir to combine.
Serve with additional raw snap peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails