Monday, December 27, 2010

Mediterranean Pizza

This was our 'crazy' pizza - I've been making more pizza, but so we don't lose the variety, I try to have a very different pizza in addition to our regular pizza.  I alway use our pizza crust recipe which comes from our Peter Reinhart book.  This pizza idea came from my Sandi Richard's book.  Although I didn't add all of the items she added, and I didn't follow her directions too well.  #1 I used our crust, and cooked it the same way we always cook pizza - oven all the way up for 8 minutes (give or take 2 minutes depending on the pizza.)  I also omitted some ingredients.  Mostly because I just plain forgot them (or couldn't find them at the store -like the pine nuts.)    I actually was a bit surprised that I liked it as well as I did because I didn't have super high expectations.  I haven't been a fan of artichoke hearts in the past. So, this is how I made it - the picture also has a picture of one of the other pizzas we had that night - homemade sausage with good mozzarella - That was so tasty.  YUM

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
  • 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/8 teaspoon thyme
  • 1/8 teaspoon rosemary (I used fresh)
  • 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano 
  • Dough for 1 pizza
  • 1/3-1/2 of a small zucchini
  • 3-4 artichoke hearts (I sliced these in half)
  • a couple of slices of sweet onion
  • 1/4 red pepper
  • 1/4 yellow pepper 
  • 1/3-1/2 can sliced olives
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese (although I  didn't measure)
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese (didn't measure this either)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven with a pizza stone as hot as it will go.  (550 for us)
  2. Mix oil and spices in a small bowl.  
  3. Roll out pizza dough to desired size/thickness.
  4. Brush oil mixture on dough.  Top with zucchini, artichoke hearts, onion, peppers, olives, feta and mozzarella.
  5. Bake on pizza stone for 6-8 minutes - or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails