Saturday, October 15, 2011

BBQ chicken salad with cilantro lime dressing

This was delicious.  Very reminiscent of Cafe Rio salad but way easier to make -and actually probably healthier since it doesn't have the tortillas or rice.  I found this recipe on recipe shoebox.
(I've actually got this new little app called evernote on my ipad and computers.  It lets me just clip a webpage into it so I can keep track of things.  I'm thinking it is like pintrest but not nearly as time consuming since I'm just seeing my own stuff.  I'm loving it because it actually gets some of the recipes I want to make marked.  It is making menu planning a breeze and letting me try lots of new stuff without losing the webpage it was on.  So loving it.  Anyway, I digress, back to the recipe.)
 Not much to say except this will definitely be making a more regular appearance at our house.  One of the best ways to get my older boys to actually eat salad.  And as an added bonus, they even like it.  Tavio rated this 9/10 stars.  Wahoo!

Ingredients

  • 1 package pre-cooked chicken (usually 12-16 oz.)  Can be chopped or shredded.  (I used shredded - made my pre-cooked chicken in the smoker this time around and a couple were so nice I shred them.)
  • BBQ sauce - to liking - I used 1/2 cup give or take a bit.  (we like sweet Baby Ray's honey BBQ sauce)
  • 2 hearts of romaine - chopped
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 bag cherry or grape tomatoes
  • mozzarella cheese (we used it, but it could totally be optional to me.  Not really high on the bringing flavor to the party list in my opinion.)
Dressing ingredients
  • 1 envelope ranch dressing mix
  • 1 cup mayo
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 bunch cilantro
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1 clove garlic
Directions
  1. Blend all dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth.  Set aside.
  2. Combine shredded chicken and BBQ sauce.  
  3. To serve, place lettuce, corn, black beans, cheese, BBQ chicken, dressing and tomatoes on a plate.  Enjoy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails