Monday, October 3, 2011

Sour cream donuts

These donuts turned out better than the chocolate in my opinion.   However, Benjamin preferred the chocolate.  I will warn you  that I was having a bean flour day yesterday - subbing a couple of Tablespoons into everything, so these got some too.  They were still tasty and nice and cakey.
I wanted to just sprinkle these with a little cinnamon/sugar, but it wouldn't stick so I ended up making a glaze with powdered sugar, cinnamon and milk.

Ingredients

  • 1 1/3 cup flour (I subbed out 2 Tablespoons pinto bean flour -couldn't find my white bean flour or I would have used it - I just put 2 Tablespoons in the bottom of my measuring cup then fill it the rest of the way with flour.)
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon baking powder
  • pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla.
Directions
  1. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.  (I would actually then add the coconut oil to the dry ingredients and mix until crumbly because it does clump when it hits the cold liquids.  I tried adding it first and whisking in the colder ingredients but still ended up with lumps.  Luckily this dough goes into a zip top baggie to be put into the donut wells so I just squished the lumps out with my fingers.)  Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.  
  2. Fill each donut spot and book for 3-5 minutes.  
  3. Coat with glaze, powdered sugar, or cinnamon-sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails