This is what I ended up doing this morning.
|Sorry for the sad pic. I don't always think to take a picture of pancakes.|
These are day old cold out of the fridge, but you can still see the Strawberry chunks. Yum!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (I use home ground popcorn)
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar (I'd probably use agave next time - not sure why I didn't change that today -I was in a hurry though.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup greek yogurt (If using regular, you probably will need less milk)
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 banana, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- Combine cornmeal, flour, wheat germ, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add yogurt, milk and canola oil. Stir until evenly moistened. Stir in bananas and strawberries
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the remaining batter.
- Cook on a pre-heated griddle using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.