Friday, October 28, 2011

Mexican pizza with quesadilla crust

This is a recipe that I found on salad in a jar.  It appealed to me because it looked quick and easy.  I also loved the fact that she used feta and made them look so sophisticated yet so simple.  
Unfortunately at my house when I made these it was a crazy day and I was out of feta. I would love to try them again with feta.  I also certainly didn't use all of the ingredients that she did.  I did however make some of them with shrimp for our shrimp lovers.  The rest of us ate them with chicken.  They were well liked.  Definitely check out the link above because #1 her pictures look way better than mine - she must either have a camera that has a flash - or finish making dinner before it gets dark.  (like I said it was a crazy day.)  She also has a great list of ingredients and tips - like using the costco uncooked tortilla shells.  I had others that needed to be used, so that is what we used.  Here is how we made them - quick and easy.  Honestly you could use any toppings to suit your fancy.  We did keep with the Mexican theme though.  
See, I'm telling you -sad photos when it is dark outside by the time
dinner is ready.  Boo.
Ingredients
  • Tortillas (I made some with flour, and some with corn)
  • cheese - I used cheddar and monterey jack
  • corn (I used canned for ease)
  • green chilies 
  • black beans
  • diced tomatoes (I used canned here too)
  • salsa
  • shrimp
  • chicken
  • sliced red, orange and yellow peppers (I used the mini ones)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400.  Place 3 tortillas on a large baking sheet.  Sprinkle with your choice of cheese (I used mostly cheddar for the center of the quesadilla part.)  Top with another tortilla.  Spread a thin layer of salsa on the top of that tortilla.  Add remaining toppings in order/amounts desired.  I always ended with a little more cheese on top.  
  2. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until desired doneness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails