Friday, October 28, 2011

chicken pasta salad

Here is yet another recipe from recipe shoebox.  This one was OK.  I think I would have liked it better if there were less pasta.  It was better the first day than as left overs, and it made a lot, so I may 1/2 the recipe next time.  The left overs seemed like they absorbed the dressing and were a bit dry.  Of course I did cut the oil way down.  Certainly more oil would have helped.  :)

Ingredients
  • 1 container pre-cooked chicken
  • 1 pound rotini noodles
  • 2 heads broccoli, finely chopped
  • 1 cup diced red, yellow and orange bell peppers (I use the baby ones -it would be about 2 regular size)
  • 1/3 cup diced onion
  • 1 can sliced olives
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (optional - I did not use it)
  • 1/3-1/2 cup ranch dressing
Dressing ingredients
  • 2 envelopes dry Italian dressing mix
  • 6 Tablespoons cider vinegar
  • 6 Tablespoons water
  • 6 Tablespoons oil  (you may want to use more - original was 3/4 cup, but a bit less water too)
Directions
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions.  Rinse with cool water to cool.  I did this while chopping all of the veggies.
  2. Combine chicken, chopped vegetables, and olives.  Set aside.  Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over vegetables and chicken.  Mix together.  Add ranch, cheese if using and pasta.  Fold together.  Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving if desired.  (I did not.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails