Friday, May 4, 2012

great greek pasta

So, finally a recipe that isn't originally from 6 o'clock scramble.  (I think I've exhausted most of the vegetarian ones in there anyway. :)
I found this recipe in my saving dinner book.  It originally had chicken in it.  I have adapted it to not have chicken although I did serve it with the option of chicken - which all of my children chose.  (I just used some pre-cooked I had in the freezer - thawed it in the microwave and added it on top.)  I had mine without the chicken.  Either way it was a nice pasta salad.  I did not use all of the pasta.  Would definitely have been too dry.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound rigatoni (I didn't use it all -you'd be fine with 12-16 oz.)
  • 1 Tablespoon butter
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 1 cup diced onion (I used sweet onion)
  • 1 large tomato, chopped (I actually used 1 roma and a few cherry tomatoes)
  • 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
  • 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 teapsoons oregano
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional, chopped, cooked chicken
Directions
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
  2. Meanwhile in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until fragrant.  Add garlic and saute a bit more.  Reduce heat and add tomato, feta, lemon juice and oregano.  Stir to combine.  Add pasta and stir until completely heated through.  Salt and pepper to taste and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails