Tuesday, May 29, 2012

taco seasoning

This is the recipe I've been using for a while for taco seasoning.  I love it because it has a lot of veggies in it in addition to the spices.  I never feel bad adding more for spice because I'm only adding more veggies.  I like the mix.  It does call for items that are not run of the mill grocery items like dried celery, dried bell peppers, and tomato powder.  My favorite place to purchase those items is currently honeyvillegrain.com mostly because of their 1 low price shipping charge.  They also have regular sale codes for 10 or 15 % off. Truth be told though, I think my tomato powder is from one place (possibly honeyville) and my celery and bell peppers are from shelf reliance, so use what you like.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup tomato powder
  • 1/2 cup dried onions
  • 1/2 cup dried celery
  • 1/2 cup dried bell peppers (I have a red/green mix)
  • 1/2 Tablespoon Garlic minces or garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup chili powder
  • 3 Tablespoons cumin
  • 3 Tablespoons coriander
  • 1 Tablespoon sea salt.
Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients in an airtight container.  I store mine in a large canning jar.  I always shake this up before using it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails