Saturday, May 5, 2012

zucchini pineapple bread

Here is the zucchini bread I mentioned in the last post.  I thought it odd that the 2 of these recipes seemed so different.  as far as this one actually had no oil and nothing that I consider an oil substitute (like the applesauce in the previous recipe - which also contained oil)  Obviously due to the differences in composition, the resulting bread was quite different.  This was a heavier bread -more the type I'd expect for a banana or zucchini bread.  This bread was also good.  I was worried because I thought for sure it was burned - I started smelling it at 48 min, checked and took it out immediately.  However, I absolutely loved the first piece with all of the crust.  It was nice and crispy and delicious - no burned flavor.  I am glad however that I went in the kitchen before the suggest 60 minutes was up or this would have been burnt to a crisp.
Minimal changes here - just changed out the sugar and spices to be more to my liking.  Yum.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 2/3 cup coconut sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
  • 1 1/2 cups (190 grams - I weighed mine - seemed easier and I used 201 grams)
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used sliced almonds for ease, but would have prefered walnuts or pecans.)
  • 1/2 cup raisins
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
  2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon in a bowl.  Set aside
  3. Place egg, coconut sugar, vanilla, pineapple and zucchini into the blender.  Blend for 10-15 seconds or until well blended.
  4. Add dry ingredients.  Pulse until well mixed (or stir in by hand.)
  5. Stir in nuts and raisins by hand.  Pour into loaf pan.
  6. Bake for 45 -50 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails