Friday, May 11, 2012

Caesar Dressing

I have been trying various new salad dressing recipes lately with our new huge increase in salad eating combined with my decrease in eating foods with lots of preservatives.   Unfortunately I've had a hard time finding many that I really  like.  This one wasn't bad.  I could make it again, and I actually chose it over the homemade catalina the other night (only because I had had catalina on my lunch salad - it is still my favorite.)  However, this one is definitely blog worthy and will be made again.  I have seen another version of Caesar dressing somewhere and if I find it again, I may try it too, but for the time being, this was nice, didn't make too much, and didn't use raw egg (various of the recipes I've seen do.)
I was a bit shy on lemon juice so I tossed in a tiny bit f lemon zest.  I don't think I'd do that again - not that it was bad, I could just taste a hint of lemon that way, and Caesar dressing shouldn't have a hint of lemon in my mind.  I didn't notice this as much the next day, so it may not be that big of a deal.

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/8 cup vinegar
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (OK, looking at my recipe it actually said 1/4 cup and 4 Tablespoons I'm sure I only put 1/4 cup -since 1/4 cup and 4 Tablespoons are the same thing??  but I used real Parmesan not Kraft powdery stuff so it had some flavor.  I may have even used me Parmiggiano Reggiano -I can't remember.  It had plenty of flavor or I would have added more.  Depending on the cheese you use, you may want to add more. - there that is my disclaimer. :)
  • 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Toss in a blender and blend until smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails