One final note - I did double the recipe from the original. I ended up with a decent amount of left overs, but again, one of the teenagers at 1/2 of one and that was it. Feel free to 1/2 the recipe if you have less than 6 people in your family.
- 3 cups pancake mix (if using a store bought mix, make sure it is a complete mix - the just add water kind.)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed under warm water and drained
- 1 medium-large zucchini, shredded
- sour cream and salsa as desired to top
- Combine pancake mix, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir in water just until lumps disappear. Stir in corn and zucchini.
- Cook on a griddle set to 375. I spooned mine onto the griddle with a 1/4 cup measuring cup then spread them out a bit with the back of the cup. It made somewhere around 20 cakes.
- Serve topped with sour cream and salsa.