- Using a dough hook mix the dry ingredients, then add the wet. If it is too dry, add more water a spoonful at a time. Mix until a ball forms. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Separate into 16 pieces and form into balls. Roll each ball into a very thin 10" circle. Stack them on a plate and cover with a damp cloth. (I didn't do this part. I just rolled and cooked as I went.
- Preheat griddle to medium-high. Place dough rounds on the griddle, flipping when air pockets form and piercing the air bubbles. (I never saw air bubbles - honestly it was what really attracted me to this recipe. I was hoping for bubbles. My homemade tortillas never bubble -thought it was just my recipe but maybe it is just me.)
- Tortillas are done when golden on both sides. Use immediately or store in a ziploc in the fridge or freezer.
- refried beans or vegetarian chili
- cheese (cheddar, Monterrey Jack, colby jack....)
- Optional: salsa or sour cream to top them or dip them
Spread beans over half of the tortilla. Top with cheese. Flip the other half of the tortilla up to cover the beans and cheese. Heat until cheese is melted; flipping to the other side midway through cooking.