Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Asian turkey lettuce wraps

Here is the other lettuce wrap we made a couple of weeks ago.  It is from my taste of home magazine.  I did cut the ginger in half and was glad I did.   I also didn't chop my veggies as small as the original recipe said, but it is because I didn't really thaw them.  That had no bearing on how much I liked these.  These were only OK as compared to other lettuce wraps, but then again, we like lettuce wraps.  They still get a 4 star.  There were no left overs.  However, the other wraps I have made have been better.
I forgot to take a picture of these (and the other lettuce wraps I just made - Oops.)

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground turkey (could sub beef - I probably would have, but DH chose this and bought the groceries, so ground turkey it was.)
  • 1 16 oz. package frozen stir-fry veggies, thawed
  • 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
  • 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
  • 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
  • 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • boston or bibb lettuce leaves
Directions
  • In a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir turkey over medium high heat until no longer pink.  
  • Coarsely chop mixed veggies; (I tossed them in the food processor) add to the pan.  Stir in the teriyaki sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, ginger, vinegar and oil.  Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.  
  • Add garlic;  cook 1 minute longer.  Remove from heat and stir in onions.  
  • Serve on lettuce leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails