Sunday, January 30, 2011

Chicken Parmesan Rollatini

This recipe comes from my food Network magazine.  It was a cute new spin on a Parmesan chicken because you used cutlets (I just pounded out some chicken breasts and cut the larger ones in half)  I'm pretty sure I made more bread crumb/parmesan mixture, but I honestly can't remember exactly what I did at this point in time.  I do know that it was good, but not great.  The sauce was ok, but not spectacular.  I wanted a bit more flavor in my sauce and I think I did add some extra thyme or Italian seasoning after tasting the sauce, but not a lot.  However, I do have to say that this was the first time I had used fire-roasted tomatoes.  Those were good, and I liked the flavor they added, I just want my Chicken Parmesan to have more thyme or rosemary, or oregano, not just basil.
  I also served this with polenta which we had never had.  No-one at our house was super impressed with polenta either.  :(
If making this again, I would serve it with a different red sauce - maybe still use the fire roasted tomatoes, but also add some other Italian seasonings.
The recipe can be found here.  I'm not going to re-type it because I can't remember what I did different anyway.

Oh, also, just reading through the recipe - I didn't use a cast-iron skillet.  I just put these in a 9 X 13 pan, and I didn't add fresh parsley, I sprinkled the chicken with dried oregano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails