Sunday, January 16, 2011

hearty barley bake

This was a strange meal.  Recipe is from Simple and delicious magazine.  I was interested to try it because it mixed some different flavored  I liked that it used barley.  I was excited to try something with our home-made sausage, and the recipe came from someone in cypress TX which is where I live.  So, I tried it.  It wasn't a favorite all around.  Brandon really didn't like it.  Said - Is this my no thank you portion and ate it.  I didn't think it was that bad.  I think Tavio had seconds, but he likes cooked spinach.  I'm not writing out the entire recipe, just the ingredients - I don't recommend combining these.  :)

These were the ingredients

  • mushrooms - 2 cups sliced - mine went bad and I used a can
  • 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • garlic
  • pork sausage
  • cooked barley
  • 1 can cream corn
  • 1 pkg. chopped spinach
  • savory
  • thyme
  • marjoram
  • pepper
  • Parmesan cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails