Sunday, January 16, 2011

Triple Cranberry chicken lettuce wraps

I saw this pictured in my taste of home magazine, and have wanted to try it for quite some time.  The recipe is actually from oceanspray.com.  I changed it up a lot.  Partly because I didn't have cranberry juice, partly becasue I was too lazy to go into the cold and get the fresh mint and basil from the garden.  I also omitted the chili garlic sauce because I didn't have any, and decreased the ginger because DH isn't the biggest fan.  I loved these.  I loved these.  They were better than the beef lettuce wraps we made last week.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
  • 1/2 cup apple juice (or cranberry)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons sugar
  • 1/2 Tablespoon minced ginger 
  • 1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic
  • 2 Tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 Tablespoon grated lime peel (oops, I only used 1 teaspoon - zest of 1 lime)
  • 2-3 cups cooked chicken (I used 1 container of my precooked chicken -I store them in a 3 cup container, but don't exactly pack it.)
  • 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
  • 1 cup shredded carrot
  • 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
  • 1 head bibb lettuce
  • chopped salted peanuts
Directions
  1. Combine first 6 ingredients (through garlic)  in a small saucepan;  bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and peel;  set aside.
  2. combine the chicken, dried cranberries, carrot and green onions in a bowl.
  3. To make wraps, place some chicken mix on the lettuce, pour 1 Tablespoon or of cranberry/soy sauce, sprinkle with peanuts.  Serve with additional cranberry/soy sauce for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails