Sunday, January 16, 2011

Creamy hot chocolate

I wanted something good and toasty to warm me up the other day, and I thought I remembered a recipe for some hot chocolate in my healthy cooking magazine, but I can't find that magazine right now.  So I went searching online.  I actually found the same recipe on allrecipes and on taste of home.  It had more reviews to read on it, so I followed the directions from there, and even some of the suggestions from there to make some hot chocolate.  Brandon really liked it.  He told me I should be impressed that he drank and liked it because he was a chocolate snob.  Sorry, but this isn't the greatest picture.  I forgot to take it until it had been sitting on the stover forever.

Ingredients

  • 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 2 cups skim milk
  • 3 1/2 cups water
  • dash salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions
  1. In a large saucepan over medium heat combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, salt and vanilla.  Slowly stir in milk and water.  Heat through until desired temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails